Liao, Kin & Company, P.C. has a solid professional reputation for providing a broad range of accounting and financial services to small and medium-size businesses.
We have provided our accounting and auditing services since 1983, and covered industries including financial investment, lending, manufacturing, wholesale distributing, private school, and non-profit organizations. Our accounting and tax services also cover architectural/engineering, dentist, physicians, brokerage, attorney, oil & gas, real estate development, construction, hotel, apartment, retail, food services, daycare, real estate investment, international trading, and professional services.
What makes Liao, Kin & Company, P.C. unique is our commitment to provide high quality services. Our firm received a clean on-site peer review report that had been accepted by Texas Society of CPAs 2012-2013 Peer Review Committee on December 23, 2012. Peer Review is an extensive examination of the firm's quality control system, and conducted by qualified CPA reviewer that. appointed by Texas Society of CPAs. It provides reasonable assurance that the work done by our firm is quality work that can be relied upon by our clients in making business, personal and financial decisions.
Besides, our quality work, each member of our professional staff is required to have at least 40 hours of continuing professional education annually. Because of our professionalism, we can provide innovative and cost effective services to our clients.
Our approach to auditing focuses on the risk elements of the client's operations and related internal control structure, channeling the audit effort into priority areas with higher levels of risk. We assign professionals who are properly qualified to meet the needs of the client. To achieve an efficient and mutually rewarding experience, we implement the following practices that we feel are superior to most of our competitors:
• We utilize professionals with significant experience, minimizing the need for
on-the-job training and review time.
• We use computer extensively in the field for better audit management and more efficient use of time.
• We provide continuing communication and consulting during the year to identify and resolve accounting issues at an early date.
• We concentrate on understanding the business and industry of clients in order to conduct a more efficient audit and to assist in making suggestions for improvement in a client's accounting practices and profitability.
• We work hard at understanding your systems thoroughly, including computer systems, which allows us to focus on key risk areas.
• We believe that the client's participation with our partners and staff in pre-audit planning is essential to an efficient and effective audit. This practice establishes a smooth working relationship and provides an opportunity for early resolution of accounting questions.
• We will utilize the client's internally prepared account analysis as well as working papers and financial statements. We provide a detailed listing of additional schedules and analyses which can be prepared by management to assist us in the audit and can minimize audit fees.
• We conduct each engagement under a controlled system of man-hour planning. We carefully budget each part of an audit on a task basis carefully considering the degree of the client involvement, audit program requirements, the anticipated degree of internal control and effectiveness of the accounting procedures.
These steps result in the maximum client service at a reasonable cost, which has enabled us to practice at a higher level than most of our competitors.
We'd like to provide you with an opportunity to get to know our staff as well as our firm's values before you come to see us. The following pages should give you an idea of what we're all about. We hope you enjoy them!